The 50th Anniversary Secretariat and the National Cultural Foundation will be producing “Mirror, Mirror, Show Me a Hero!”– an exciting , original Barbadian musical theatre production to celebrate the nation’s 50th anniversary of Independence. The production will examine the core themes of Independence and Heroes in a 21st century context and is aimed specifically at a younger, technologically savvy demographic.
The nine (9) shows will take place at the Frank Collymore Hall between November 17 and 26 2016.
Rehearsals start September 05, 2016.
The production team for this event includes: Shakirah Bourne (Writer); Alison Sealy-Smith (Director); Dr. Stefan Walcott (Musical Director); Olivia Hall & Rene Blackman (Choreographers); Kellie Cadogan (Vocal Coach); Glenn Brathwaite (Costume Designer)
We are looking to fill the following roles:
- Legua/Chris – Male, older yet ageless (poet);
- Shadon – male, 16-25 (strong dancer);
- Kermit – Male, 16-25 ( strong singer);
- Mika – Female, 16-25 (strong singer);
- Reverend Shrewsbury – White male, 25-30;
- Prince William – White male, 20-30;
- Miss O’Brien – White female, 20-30;
- Garfield Sobers – Male, 20-25;
- Errol Barrow – Male, 60’s;
- Nanny Grigg – Female, 30-40;
- Rachel Pringle – Female, 30’s;
- Neva – Female, alien, ageless (strong dancer);
- 2 female and 1 male chorus members
All prospective performers must be able to act, dance and sing. Stage combat skills would be an asset.
Auditions take place at the Queen’s Park Steel Shed on August 31st, between 5pm and 9pm with call-backs on September 1st, between 5pm and 9pm.
Please prepare a 1 minute contemporary monologue, a song of your choice and be prepared to read from the script.
Please bring or email a bio and headshot for our records.