The Business Development Department within the National Cultural Foundation sees itself as a catalyst for the ‘industrialisation’ of the Creative Sector as it fulfills its two-pronged mandate of:
- Enhancing the developmental capacity of the Foundation, primarily through the nurturing of strategic partnerships (public and private) at the local, regional and international level
- Enhancing the entrepreneurial and professional capacity of cultural practitioners, primarily through training initiatives and the identification and support of showcase events and new creative enterprises.
- Advisory – we provide timely, updated and accurate information to our community on opportunities that may exist for funding, technical support and small business development as well as advice on issues of Intellectual Property Rights. When we don’t know the answer we’ll be happy to direct you to the relevant agencies and offices where more expert advice is available.
- Technical Assistance – we assist our constituents in business planning, completing applications and proposal/grant writing.
- Training and education – we develop and deliver seminars, workshops and conferences designed to disseminate best practice and enable sustainable creative enterprise.
The Department is currently staffed by a Senior Business Development Officer, Ms. Alison Sealy-Smith, and a Business Development Officer, Ms. Stacia Bryan.
Ms. Sealy-Smith can be reached at (246) 417-6651 (Direct). You can email her at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can contact Ms. Bryan at (246) 417-6650 or at email@example.com. Our door is always open so feel free to drop in and we’ll be glad to talk to you about ways to develop your creative business.